Saturday, April 5, 2014

C4K Summary for March

Te-Manea from Mrs. Jenny's 2nd Grade Class at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand     
     For my first C4K, I got to visit a student's blog all the way from Auckland, New Zealand! If you go visit the main class blog, Little Voices, Little Scholars, you can read a little bit about the literacy cycle, and the types of projects the students are working on in the classroom. The children get the opportunity to write and record stories, draw graphics to illustrate them, and then share their work online. In this post, Te-Manea created a video, and shared her weekend story with us! She told us about how she got to go over to her Auntie's house, and play and splash in the pool all weekend. For my comment, I introduced myself, and let Te-Manea know that I'm a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I commented on how it sounded like she had such a fun time over at her Auntie's house, and that I'm ready for summertime to get here so I can enjoy going swimming at the pool, and the beach as well! Those have always been some of the funnest days! I also let Te-Manea know that I am impressed that she already knows how to create, and share videos. I told her to keep up the good work, and that I enjoyed hearing about her weekend story!
Literacy Cycle


Jordenne from Mrs. Lagitupu's Class at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand 
     For my second C4K, my student was also from Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand, and these students have been blogging since year 4, and are now in year 7/8! In the post I got to check out, Jordenne wrote about how she and her classmates attended the Festival of Education. There were several different booths set up where the students could explore, and learn new things about education. Jordenne had to film a movie with one of her colleagues as an assignment for the day, interviewing people at the different booths she visited. Her favorite part was singing a song with a Maori lady who was playing a ukelele! For my comment, I introduced myself, and let Jordenne know that I'm a student in EDM 310 studying to become a teacher someday. I let Jordenne know that I was impressed with the work she was doing because we are students in college, and just now learning about how to film our own interview movies! I linked Jordenne to my blog in case she wanted to check out some of the videos we have created, and told her to keep up all of the good work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment